
So my New Years resolution this year was to complete a triathlon, not sure why...I just thought it would be fun. I have NEVER been a swimmer and by that I mean I do not know how to swim at all and that has always discouraged me from doing it. So in January I signed up for a swimming class at the fitness center and told myself I had no exuses, I was gonna do it no matter what and I actually did! {Can you believe it?...I actually followed through on a New Years resolution!?}
After talking to my swim coach she convinced me that I would be ready for the Icebreaker at the end of March so that is what I planned on, little did I know that even the hard-core athletes didn't want to do the Icebreaker because it is usually so miserable and cold...hence the name Icebreaker duh....I don't know what I was thinking!
It snowed 2 feet the day before the race and I was pretty afraid of biking and running outside with wet hair from the swim, but it actually turned out to be a decent day and I am so glad I followed through and did it. It was a fun experience that I will never forget and now I have to say I am hooked. I have several more triathlons planned for the summer and can't wait for the weather to warm up so I can get training outside more...Come on Mother Nature, could you please cooperate with my plans? :)










1 comment:
Your a machine! I would for sure drown if I had to swim, maybe not if I could doggy paddle the whole thing;) Awesome job!
Post a Comment