So since I had so much fun at the Icebreaker I decided that I really wanted to do another Tri and it just so happened that there was an awesome one in St. George the next weekend. So I talked my favorite gal pals into it and we packed up and headed for sunny St. Geezy.
First of all, even though we promised ourselves we would go to bed early, that didn't quite happen thanks to a few minor detours on my part....2nd of all we didn't plan ahead enough to get breakfast in advance or figure out driving arrangements for the morning so I ended up getting up at 5:30 by myself and eating a granola bar for breakfast and cussing/crying in the dark parking lot of Snow Canyon High School while I tried to get the bikes unhooked from our bike rack. Luckily my sweet husband came to my rescue at 6:30 in the morning and helped save the day and I was off and running...well, I guess I was swimming first...
and then it was off to the bike course...There were some pretty good hills that I was not planning on but overall it was a beautiful ride!

The weather was perfect, especially after running the Icebreaker the week before! I loved feeling the sunshine and not having to worry about putting on 100 layers during transition.

The boys were so cute cheering me on! Even though it was bright and early for them they were there giving me high fives along the way and Dawson even picked a dandelion and put it in a water bottle for me, it was the cutest thing ever :)


I have to give a shout out to Judd for being so supportive, he is seriously the best husband ever and it means so much to me that he comes out and supports me. Seeing him and the boys and my cute in-laws at the finish line was so awesome!








No comments:
Post a Comment