Now that Braxton is in the big 3rd grade he gets real letter grades and tons of homework...He is now learning cursive, rounding, fractions and all kinds of things that I vaguely remember from elementary school. I hate that we actually have to be responsible parents and make sure that everything gets done. I swear the projects they make kids do at this age are more for the parents than the kids. Do they really think that 8 year olds are going to be able to do these kind of things all by themselves?...I swear it is just a contest to see which parents can outdo each other every year.
Well, of course Judd and I ended up doing most of Braxton's project, along with all of the other frustrated 3rd grade parents...We waited until the night before it was due and had to create a 2 foor tall monster, name him (Braxton actually did that part), draw a map of his town, and create a grocery list for this monster with a budget and everything.
It was quite the ordeal but we finished the project on-time and under budget and Braxton was so proud of "Slimeball" the monster. He said he was a hit in class and everyone loved him so we are hoping for an A. All I can say is when the science fair comes around it's all you Judd!







1 comment:
Ah yes, I remember ALL of those 3rd grade projects!! Seriously, make me tired!!
Post a Comment