5/11/09

I Love Mother's Day...

I know I am posting a lot today, we had a lesson on keeping a journal in church on Mother's Day and I realized that I rarely write in my journal...but this counts right? I hope so...In the previous post I posted pics with the cute gifts the boys gave me for Mother's Day but I wanted to go into a little detail so that I don't forget how absolutely adorable they are at these ages. I also want to thank my cute husband for not only pampering me with a day off and an incredibly thoughtful card and gift, but on our way home from visiting my mom for Mother's Day Dawson randomly threw up ALL OVER the car! When I say ALL OVER I am not exaggerating either...It was probably the worst barf mess I have ever encountered...seriously.  As soon as it happened I remember instantly thinking..."Oh I am so glad it's Mother's Day!" He was such a trooper and cleaned the entire car top to bottom...NO questions asked and NO whining. I know, I am the luckiest girl ever:)

If that wasn't enough Braxton and Dawson were both SO cute this year. They were so excited to give me the cute gifts they had made for me in school.  Dawson made me this darling paper flower arrangement that was made from his little handprints that he had traced. He colored it so perfectly and made a little vase for it, it was so cute and he was so happy that I liked it he couldn't stop talking about it all day. 
Braxton also made me a darling surprise, his teacher compiled all of the 1st graders favorite recipes that their moms make for them and made them into a cook book. I thought that was the most creative idea and it was hysterical to read the recipes that the kids liked. They wrote them down in their own words and described how you make them and it was so funny...Some of them were fancy recipes and others wrote about how their moms put chicken nuggets on a plate and put them in the microwave for 10 seconds... :) Braxton wrote about grilled chicken and vegetables...this was his recipe:
first you get some vegtibles like carots and brocli
then you get some chiken and grill it in the oven for about 5 minutes...I think
take a bottle of that stuf that keeps it from sticking and put it in the pan first...
this is one of my favrit things to eat! 

How cute is that?...I was just glad I wasn't the chicken nugget mom:)

No comments:

pregnancy