I just realized that with everything that has happened the past little while I forgot to post about our 1st broken bone in the family...and I am pretty sure it won't be the last:)
On Tuesday during recess I got a call from Braxton on his cell phone, (yes, he has a cell phone and he is in 1st grade...I am aware of this. It is strictly for emergency use since we don't have a home phone:) Anyways, he was crying and said that he fell of the monkey bars and asked if I could go pick him up. Of course I rushed to the school and checked him out and I expected it to be much worse. It didn't even look swollen or bruised or anything so I didn't make too big of a deal out of it and I kinda thought he was just over-reacting to get out of the end of the year testing, (not a bad idea...he's a smart little stinker:) I took him to lunch and let him hang out with me for the rest of the day and thought he would be fine the next day.
That night he came into our bed and said it was hurting really bad and by morning it was really swollen, and I felt like the mom of the year:) I took him to the Dr first thing that morning and we went and did an x-ray at the hospital and found out that he had fractured 2 little bones in his wrist! I felt so bad for him, he was so tough about it I had no idea it was that bad. Well, he now has an awesome blue cast and is the most popular boy in 1st grade...all of the kids signed his cast and bought him gifts from the book fair...How cute is that?
After the 2009 we have had so far I am convinced that Judd and I have single-handedly funded the new Alpine Pediatrics building that is opening down the street. You can thank us later... Thank goodness for good health insurance:)







2 comments:
Will they have a Bundy wing just for you guys?=) Braxton's broken wrist sounds almost exactly like Gracie's - except Gracie fell off the tramp while she was throwing an apple at a squirrel. All little kids wants casts for some reason - I remember wishing I had one when I was little!
I noticed leaving church yesterday that he had a cast on, what a crazy day!!! At his age, casts are cool though!!!
Post a Comment