
On Saturday we wanted to take the kids to do something fun before we have to be staying up at the hospital for a while, so we took them to the aquarium up in Sandy. It was lots of fun, the boys love anything to do with water so of course it was a hit! We had a good time, but then at the last minute we decided to go to the Draper Temple Open House since we were already up there, and let me tell you, it was NOT a hit...but I did want to hit my kids!
I guess it was our fault for doing it so last minute, the kids were hungry and sick of walking since we had just been at the aquarium and walked around for 2 hours, and we didn't realize how long it would take to get through the Temple. You have to meet at this Stake Center close to the Temple and they bus you up there, so you pretty much can't get home once you are there, and when we got there the line was SO long. Just to get inside we had to wait FOREVER, it was kinda cold for little Cooper, and the boys were SO hyper. People in line behind us were staring and I overheard this lady saying,"Note to self...don't bring kids to the Temple!" I wanted to turn around and slap her, but she was right so I just made the same note to myself for next time. It wasn't like we were the only ones with little kids there, there were kids everywhere, but I think our kids were by far the naughtiest ones there! It was SO beautiful though and I'm glad we went, I can't wait to go back when it's open. I guess we just learned our lesson for doing too many things in one day with 3 little kids, whatever...we still love them and luckily they are all still alive and well today:)







7 comments:
FUN! I bet my boys would LOVE the Aquarium. YOur boys look SO CUTE in their matching shirts, you know I'm all about that! Ash, you look SOOOO GOOD! YOu're so pretty. GEEZ.
I can't believe that lady said that.. EW! How Annoying! Good Luck with Cooper, sweet lil' boy at the hospital.
My kids love the aquarium. We are going to the temple tomorrow and I am super nervous about all the kids being there. It is supposed to snow too! Don't worry...after tomorrow your kids will be a distant memory as far as naughty kids go. Hahaha! Please let me know if there is anything we can do to help this next week. We will be praying for Cooper!!!
You guys are such a wonderful family. Little Cooper is so blessed to have you both. You always take the time to do what is right and you will be rewarded for it. I love to check out your blog and keep updated. We love you all and will be praying for you.
Good thing Grandma Toot's wasn't there to hear that lady.
We went to the Draper Temple last week it was so beautiful. Keep us posted when and if you get a sec about Cooper. Again let us know if there is anything we can do. We will be praying for you!!
I'm glad the aquarium was fun i've been wanting to go and take Ryker. Good luck tomorrow at the hospital with little Cooper...
Ok i am just laughing at your comment 'it was not a hit but i wanted to hit my kids' LOL!! LOL!!! Ash you are a crack up! I cant tell you how many times i have felt that way! And i cant believe that lady said that... i would have had to say something.. i have the SHARPEST tounge that way!
Good luck with everything! You are in our prayers!
Love, Leesa
ASHLIE! So i was blog snooping and found yours through I think Gavin and Mandi's. Anyway...I feel really bad, I have wanted to talk to you for quite a while but it seems like every time I see you we're just passing and on our way out or something. In sacrament they mentioned about keeping Cooper and your family in our prayers because the surgery was that week...I never found out why Cooper was getting surgery and like I said, I've been wanting to talk to you but have never had a good chance. Luckily you have a blog so I read all about it!! :) I can't believe he had open heart surgery!!! I am so so glad everything went well. How scary and nerve-racking that must have been. Is everything still going good?
So I have to say reading this post about the temple made me feel so good. Sometimes there is nothing that can make you feel better than hearing that other kids are naughty and hyper too. I love that we can relate because we both have three roudy boys!! I seriously feel like anytime we're in a public place our boys are OUT OF CONTROL!! (I've never ever thought this about your boys...but just hearing it from your perspective makes me feel better). Anyway, we wanted to go to the open house and take the boys too, but we heard from a lot of people how long it took and how long you had to wait for the bus and such that we decided it was probably not a good idea. Actually, it was Kyle that finally said No, we're not taking them, it will only end up with you mad at the boys. But seriously, that rude lady...who says that?? I'm so sure!! Obviously people bring there kids to a open house!
Okay, wow, this is basically an email...sorry :). One more thing though...I want to get the boys' pictures taken. Uh.. I haven't taken ANY pictures (professional) since Calvin has been born. He's SEVEN months!! yikes. So i might be calling you sometime :)
Take care and we'll have to talk soon. Take care of little Cooper!
Post a Comment