


Today Braxton started 1st grade and Dawson started his 2nd year of pre-school. I had mixed emotions, on one hand I thought it would be great to have them gone so that I could have more time with Cooper and to get things done. (grocery shopping with 3 kids is not fun...I do not suggest it to anyone.) But on the other hand I miss them so much. I can handle Dawson being gone for 2 1/2 hours but having Braxton gone all day is gonna kill me.
I personally think that 6 year olds are way too young to be gone that long, ride a bus to and from school by themselves, and eat lunch alone. I guess I am an overprotective mom, ok...I know I am, but he is my oldest and I just wasn't expecting it to be this hard. I just worry about him so much, hoping he'll make friends, that the kids will be nice to him, that he won't get lost etc. I am a nervous wreck! I am hoping it will get easier because after I dropped him off (after walking him to the playground and then peeking through the classroom window for 15 minutes of course) I got in the car and cried...I know I am ridiculous, but I just couldn't help it! It feels like just yesterday Braxton was Cooper's age, time just goes by so fast...Before I know it we'll be sending him off on his mission and then what am I gonna do?







6 comments:
Ashlie.. you are the cutest Mom! I am going to be the exact same way I know. If I wasn't the nursery leader I would die leaving Jett in nursery by himself. ha ha. Your boys are so cute! BRaxton will have no problem finding friends. :) You were peeking through the window?? ha ha ha ha I LOVE it! Cooper is SO CUTE! MY goodness. How is it with 3? I bet you have way good helpers. :)
seriously, your post made me cry. pathetic. i actually work at my kids school so i never really have to be that far away from them. ha
I would lie and say that it does get easier but, it doesnt! Every year it is hard to send them off all day but, at the end of the day you see how happy they are and how much fun they had! That is what makes it a little easier!
You are such a sweet Mom!! I haven't had to take my kids to school yet (they're both august birthdays so I'm holding them back a year) and I'm already dreading it. I might be calling you for advice!! I want you to take my kids pictures next time I'm down. Probably the first of September. I will get your number from Tracy and see if that will work for you. Your family is adorable!! Hope to see you soon.
Totally know how you feel. I don't think your ridiculous at all. Not looking forward to next year when Sanders goes all day.
P.S. the birth announcement was so cute. I love it.
Um they are the cutest boys. Seriously watch out when they are older. And I think you are such a cute mom. I bet I will be the same way. Six years old is so very young. Good luck :)
Post a Comment