I have known for about a year that I wanted to make a dvd for him with all of our pictures and home movies and stuff we've taken over the last 10 years. So I had been collecting pictures here and there and trying to organize everything in order, but I didn't really start getting too serious about it until about a month before our anniversary...big mistake!
I had to scan our entire wedding album, along with all of the pictures we had taken from the first 3 years we were married since we didn't have a digital camera back then {I'm already feeling like an old grandma} I also had to get all of our home videos converted to dvd since they were all on 8 mm tapes. And then just when I had finished all of what I thought was the "hard part" I quickly discovered that all of my videos had to be converted to a different format before I could even import them into imovie, which took days and days to do and filled up my entire hard drive...long story short, It turned out to be SO much more work than I ever thought it would be!
I worked on it nearly all day every day for weeks and I stayed up until 3:00 or 4:00 am every single night for 2 weeks secretly working on it while Judd was asleep, so by the time our anniversary came I was sleep deprived and exhausted but I finished it and it was SO worth it!
On the big day I decorated a little corner of the basement like a movie theatre and had everything all set up as a surprise for him. It was so fun to sit back and enjoy all of my many hours of hard work and look back at all the fun times we have had over the last 10 years!
I know I sometimes annoy Judd with all of my picture taking and my video camera in everyones face but I am so glad that we now have all of those memories documented! On the dvd I had footage of all 3 of the kids births {don't worry, no scary shots} their first steps, their school programs, all of their birthday parties, our family vacations, and just all those silly unforgettable moments we have daily living in a house full of boys...It was priceless to sit back and watch it with the man that I love! Let's just say there may have been a few tears shed :)







3 comments:
You are THE BEST wife everrr!! Sheesh. Jude is a lucky guy. Good job, I'm sure he just Loved that. How sweet of you. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
*Judd
You two are too cute!! Glad you guys had a great anniversary!! You deserve it!! :)
Post a Comment