8/25/10

my manly-man...








So, last week Judd went bow hunting with his buddies in Beaver for the weekend. He said they had a lot of fun, but honestly when he was telling me about it it sounded more like torture to me...I guess it's a good thing I'm not a guy :)
They pretty much had to carry every single thing they would need for their trip on their backs, (sleeping bag, tent, food, water, clothes, endless hunting gear etc.) They hiked in and setup their tiny little one man tents on the top of the mountain in the middle of nowhere (no air mattress, warm blankets or pillows...no thank you!) They then spent the entire weekend hiking with their ginormous backpacks and carrying around their bows waiting in anticipation to see the trophy buck of their dreams. For meals they survived off of those dehydrated emergency meals, beef jerky, and the occasional pepsi.

Are you agreeing with me yet?...Torture?...Well, the worst part about it was that for the majority of the time they all parted their separate ways and hunted by themselves. What?! When I asked Judd why they did that, he informed me that you don't hunt with other people in case you see something and besides that you need to be quiet the entire time so you don't scare the deer away...(Ok, seriously how could that even be considered fun?...it sounds like a concentration camp to me. Disgusting food, cold, hard beds with no pillows, no showering and no talking...yikes! Count me out!)

Although I would NEVER subject myself to something like that FOR FUN Judd had a great time and that's all that matters. He is my rugged manly man and I wouldn't have it any other way...I secretly think it's kinda cute, but let's just he hope he never gets any ideas of bringing me along!

No comments:

pregnancy