I feel like all of my posts lately have been so serious, and for obvious reasons, but that hasn't stopped us from having our funny family moments. This weekend was an eventful one to say the least (I'll save the story for another day) but it did start out relaxing...well somewhat:)
On Friday night I had just returned from fighting the Wal-Mart crowds with all 3 kids to get some last minute Valentines Day things and let's just say it didn't go too well. I hate Wal-Mart and I always seem to forget this until I get there and then it all comes back to me and I wonder why I ever leave the house with kids...you know the feeling:)
Anyways, when I got home I informed Judd that he was in charge of dinner and we were staying in. He surprisingly agreed and took off to save dinner. A few minutes later he called me from McDonald's, (yes, McDonald's of all places) and asked me if he thought we needed 50 or 100 chicken nuggets...What?! Was he serious, What kind of person consumes that amount of food? I was confused as to why we would need that many of anything. I was unaware of the current 50 chicken nuggets for $9.99 special and at a loss for words told him that 50 would be plenty. Seriously, has it really come to this America? Are we now to the point where the simple 2,000 calorie combo meal just won't do anymore?
I know some of you might think this is lame, but Judd and the kids are in love with the show Man vs. Food and I think they were planning their own little chicken nugget challenge all along. Between them they consumed all 50 chicken nuggets, 3 large fries, large drinks, and to top it off they all had hot fudge sundaes for dessert! I just sat back and watched the nuggets disappear one by one and wondered how the heck we are going to feed Judd plus 3 teenage boys someday...I guess I better start saving my money now and who know's maybe McDonald's will keep the 50 chicken nuggets special around for awhile to help me out:)







No comments:
Post a Comment