2/10/10

A HEART-felt thank you...


First of all I need to thank all of you for your sweet comments, words of comfort, and amazing support as our family goes through this trial again. I have truly been strengthened by my savior and lifted up when I didn't think it was possible and I am actually doing really well.
At first I really struggled with all of it and kept wondering why Heavenly Father would put me and my family, and especially sweet Cooper through all of this again. It didn't seem fair and I wondered what I could possibly learn from all of this. I felt like last time I grew in ways I never imagined and our family became closer than ever, and as hard as it was I wouldn't trade the experience for anything. So I was confused as to why we all needed to go through this a second time...

Recently, Judd and I have had some amazing experiences that have made us gain an eternal perspective of things and we now realize that this is something that we have to endure for a reason. We all have our trials and this is one that we will get through just like last time and we will be a better, stronger family because of it. I now have a new attitude on life and am trying to be as positive and uplifting as possible.

The other day I had an experience that really effected me and I have decided that maybe one of the reasons why this trail was given to us is to find ways to serve and help others. I have been putting my whole heart into doing research about Congenital Heart Defects and looking for ways to do my part to help. I have joined a group called Intermountain Healing Hearts and it is the neatest thing. I have met so many amazing people through this organization and heard so many inspirational stories...it has really changed my life. I really want to do my part to make people aware of CHD and do what I can so I have started a blog called Hopeful Hearts where I am going to share Cooper's story and I have some other really exciting news coming up too:)

I feel like this is just a start for me, something small that I can do to share my voice and hopefully touch someone else in the process. It sounds weird to say, but I feel so blessed to have this trail because without it I wouldn't have met all of these amazing people. Thank you all for your continued support and prayers for little Cooper and our family, we appreciate it more than you will ever know...

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Ash you have a heart of gold! I, too, have questioned the very same thing. When the experience is said and done, everything is back in its place, the family has been brought together, it was then that I realized 1. Everyone else is going through their thing. Everyone. 2. Our thing is unique to us. I also joined a gastro group where other moms and I could discuss our fears and our hopes. Big turning point. You do meet people that you wouldn't know otherwise and feel like there are special reasons we need to cross paths. You made my entire day! I can't wait to hear all about it the next time we hang out. I have a lot of positivity for you and that darling cute amazing handsome Cooper! Love ya guys!

Jana Homer said...

That is so awesome Ashlie! I'm so proud of you and how you are taking a positive approach to everything. We love you guys!

pregnancy